Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Post #2 (Voting)



I do not think that the voting age of 18 should be lowered because I don't think most Americans under 18 are mature enough to make such important decisions. I also think that if a legal resident alien meets certain requirements, they should be allowed to vote. I don't think that citizenship should be required for voting, but there should definitely be a strong, strict set of requirements that must be met before a non resident can vote. I think that felons should temporarily have their voting rights stripped off them, maybe for as long as they are in jail,depending on the situation or crime committed.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you on the age issue. I think that the voting age should maybe even be raised, I know they can't do that, by law. But, some people haven't matured even at the age of 18 and don't realize what they are doing when they vote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd also have to say i agree with you on this as well. I don't exactly see the point of lowering the voting age because already not enough 18 year olds are interested let alone those under 18. However, i don't agree with the fact that those under 18 aren't mature enough because yes, while this may be true for some people, the portion of younger population who actually chooses to vote is probably the most educated and interested in political views and decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you as well about possibly cutting the age down for voting. I think that being at the age 18 and being considered a legal adult is the most appropriate decision in allowing the voting age to remain the same. Younger citizens may not have enough political knowledge and may make their voting decision based on an absent in logic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you about the age issue because I think that most young people do not know what they are voting for when they do vote. I also don't think that citizenship should be required for voting because a lot of people who are not citizens know more about our government than citzens do.

    ReplyDelete