Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Debates
I think that debates are an interesting thing. The public is supposed to get some real time information out of these question and answer sessions, but I feel like the candidates really only recite memorized lines, and never even truly answer the questions they are being asked. I think that solely based off of the debates, I would have to side with Meg Whitman and her ideals. She presents a more solid argument and seem smore composed and sure of her views than Jerry Brown. Overall, I think that these debates are not an accurate way to measure who we want to represent us in our government, but rather, we should get our information from non biased sources, so that we can accurately weigh out the pros and cons rather than simply watching expressions on the candidates faces and listening to them ramble on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i agree with you elly, it is hard to get a feel for who the candidates really are during debates because it seems like they are both being fake and are just saying stuff to make the viewers happy.
ReplyDeleteI'd have to agree with both of you on this one because it mostly seems that in political debates the politicians only think about what they feel they have to communicate to the public. They almost ignore the questions at first in order to get in what they have on their minds to appear like the superior candidate. I feel that at times this method might backfire because the public will notice their avoidance of the question at hand.
ReplyDeletei agree too. alot of times, they each have their own ideas that they think they must say whether or not they are asked a question that had to do with their promts. but then again, they have to use their air time to get across to the voters in their own way.
ReplyDelete