Saturday, September 18, 2010

Post #1 (pg.84, #1, #2, #1)

1. There are numerous personal experiences and individuals that have influenced my political attitudes. The individuals that most influence my political views are my family and the community that I live and participate in. I think that living in a relatively sheltered, protected town has definitely affected the way I view politics. My involvement with these people and my community have helped me develop morals and beliefs that play a key role in my take in politics.
2.I believe that the place where I live has had the greatest effect on my political attitudes. I don't think we are exposed to as much diversity or cultural and societal difference as other places are. When a person has the ability to look outside their own little world and realize the struggles and issues of others that are different than their own, I think it helps the political world to be more understanding and cooperative.
1. (Choose a question)... I do have opinions about healthcare, the environment, and outsourcing, depending on the situation in which they are discussed. I think that these opinions came from my family, parents, teachers, church, and the rest of my community. I have heard all of these people talking about them, and I have had discussions about some of them with some of these people. I have also read articles about them. These discussions and articles have also helped to shape my opinions about such issues. I think that although it would be ideal for all Amercians to recieve free healthcare, it brings about so many other problems and issues. Even though many people suffer from a lack of medical attention, if we give away this free health care, what about the doctors and medical staff who also need to make a living. How can our government provide for both those who need medical attention and those who are providing it when we are in such an economic state of distress.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that although it would be ideal universal health care would cause problems for those who provide these services. I do, however, believe that there should be a medium between the two so that those who need health care receive it because I believe it is a basic right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although it would be very ideal to receive free health care, i do not beleive that it would be a helpful matter along with the terrible economy we have, the medical costs would be through the roof and i agree with what you said about how would the doctors and medical staffs make livings for themselves. Your last statement i completely agree with and question also

    ReplyDelete