Sunday, November 21, 2010

TSA Body Scanners

The TSA chief said on Sunday that enhanced pat downs and full body scanners are neccessary for now. I think that the TSA is just trying to do their job and ultimately protect our lives. Personally, I would much rather have an overly thorough search that prevents me from being killed than a failed attempt to make sure that all those boarding my plane were not dangerous. Although some say this is way too invasive and not respectful of travelers' privacy, I think that everyone also has the right to feel safe and protected in a situation like this.

3 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you Elly. I mean yes, there probably should be better technologies that could take care of the same job more efficiently, but at this point in time I would rather be safe than sorry. If this means going through body scanners then oh well, at least the job is getting done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree somewhat. I think they are only doing there job and i am glad they are doing this because i would rather be safe then having a potentially dangerous person on my airplane, but i think its getting a little ridiculous on how they will pat down and check and nun and let a muslim go by without a check, this doesnt sound right but i mean, is a nun really going to blow up a plane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do believe they are an invasion of privacy, but I agree with you. As terrorist step up their game as far as tactics to attack their enemies, we also need to make advancements to protect ourselves.

    ReplyDelete